Monday, August 24, 2009

Gzhel Tour and Pretty Little Daucha's

Gzhel is dishware that is very popular here in Russia. I
went on a tour and was able to purchase some of this beautiful
ware.























































I took pictures of these summer homes that they call
Daucha's. I'm not sure if the wells are still in use but I
thought they were very cute. The picture of the potatoes has
a little story as well. Going to Gzhel we got caught in quite
a bit of traffic. Appearently a semi truck took a turn too fast
and it tipped over. It took many hours to turn the truck
back up and stack the potatoes against the wood fencing that
it broke.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

these pictures bring back good memories! bsly

Scott & Jennifer said...

Oh, these are some of the types of houses I saw from the train to St. Petersburg...I'm glad you got some good shots! SO CUTE!

the dishes are beautiful! I'm excited for our first macaroni and cheese with hot dogs meal on them!

I'm ready to come visit again, I'm going to check out flight tickets... whaaaa... Mommmy!?

Scott & Jennifer said...

Just checked some prices, leaving at the end of October and staying 2-3 weeks, is under $1000.00!

I wonder what december looks like... how about christmas... I'll go check it out!

It's actually about the same price to fly out just before Christmas and come home after new years... I'm gunna have to talk to scott about this....

SLY