Thursday, May 29, 2008

Russia in May

Hello to All,

Jon and I have now been in Russia for 4 wonderful months. We survived our first Russian Winter and we are now looking forward to warmer weather. It was warm for awhile and then bang, the cold was back. The really bad thing was they turned off the heat and turned on the cooling system. So when it turned cold we didn't have any heat, the sun was hiding behind the clouds and I thought I was going to freeze.

We have had beautiful tulips for 2 months, the grass is nice and green and the children are all out and about riding their bikes, trikes, scooters, rollerblading and skateboards. The older kids play freebie, softball and have BBQ's. The dads go out and fly kites with their kids and the animal owners are out walking their dogs and just enjoying the Spring Weather.

We have been taking language classes and then the fun comes when you go out to buy food and items from the little shops and the grocery stores. What a challenge that is, I am still working on buy cheese and getting them to slice it. By the time I get the words out I have worked up a sweet. I can't wait until I can get what I want without all the hassle. But we're getting better and really having fun with it all.

Jon's work is going well, not a lot of big jobs going on but enough to keep him busy. He works with the Russian plumbers from time to time and they are also helping him with the language. My job is going good, I enjoy talking to the people and keeping things clean and looking like a professional work place. But I am happy to announce that I applied for the Secure Work Order Clerk and I got it. So I am doing my job and then going to the other office and learning that job. It will be fun to do something different, I have really never had a desk job. Well, I did do some with our plumbing company, but for some reason that doesn't count. The lady, Donna I am taking over for will leave for China in August and at that point it will be my baby. I'm really excited about it!!

I went out on a couple of day trips, one where they sell mostly crystal and another where they sell Gezel. So I'll send a few pictures of those trips.

Later, Jon and Janice

2 comments:

Scott & Jennifer said...

I love you!

Jeana said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the post...I LOVE hearing from you! Can't wait to see more pictures of Russia!